[mythtv-users] Multiple Systems - Multiple Remotes

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:11:23 EST 2005

On 10/31/05, Alberto Alonso <sp-23856721 at ggsys.net> wrote:

> What kind of range are you getting? I am looking for
> RF keyboard and remotes able to go across floors.
> Anything with over 15' range seems to be in the >$180
> range, which I just can't justify for an input device.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alberto
>
> What kind of range... over 15 feet here in a normal wood frame house.

Since you asked, I tried controling the system from one floor up, and it
worked quite well. I did find the limit while upstairs, which was kind of a
surprise.
The RF receiver is actually right up against the north wall of the house, so
I took the remote upstairs and went into the bedroom at the southern end of
the house. From there, the remote had no effect. But coming out of the
bedroom was close enough for the remote to work. So, I would estimate the
distance at about 33 feet, -AND- one flight up.

A little more data: on the same floor as the RF receiver, the remote always
worked which makes the longest straight line distance about 40 feet.

The most recently ordered ATI Remote Wonder, from
newegg.com<http://newegg.com>,
was $27.50 plus $3.00 UPS shipping = $30.50. This latest remote is just
going to be a backup. I think $30.50 is cheap insurance, should one of the
others fail.

--
MM