[mythtv-users] Killing all known channels, dead

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Nov 1 06:19:06 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 10:21:12AM +0000, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <4367405D.4020709 at apebox.org>
>         Jo Shields <directhex at apebox.org> wrote:
>
> > I had specifically deleted a number of channels. They're reappearing
> > as the days pass - i.e. I can now hit 16 and get the incredibly handy
> > QVC shopping channel I deleted last week - ditto the extraordinarily
> > helpful (encrypted) porno channel, Television X, or the not so pervy
> > but equally encrypted Cartoon Network. I did *nothing* to make them
> > appear, and have found myself removing them more than once. It was
> > handy for More4 to add itself as it did, but that doesn't mean I want
> > the corpses of Top-Up TV to return. Unless someone feels like giving
> > out a SoftCAM 101, which I doubt they do.
>
> This is entirely deliberate and has been discussed numerous times
> in the past on this list.
>
> Basically whenever you tune to a channel any other channels on the
> same multiplex which are not in your database will be added. I would
> guess that the SVN code will add them even without you tuning to a
> channel on that multiplex as a result of the EIT crawler visiting
> all the multiplexes in the background.

I guess you are using 0.18.x
Current SVN no longer automatically updates your channel list.
It will see it, but not do anything about it. The correct solution
is to mark them as hidden (as mentioned previously).

The EIT crawler is only for EIT data. It is only used to gather
program info. Nothing else.

Stuart