[mythtv-users] Killing all known channels, dead

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Tue Nov 1 05:15:57 EST 2005

Lee wrote:

> How do you mean 'adds new channels when that appear' ?
>
> Also, what hardware are you running, and what type of capture card(s) ?
>
> Lee

I had specifically deleted a number of channels. They're reappearing as
the days pass - i.e. I can now hit 16 and get the incredibly handy QVC
shopping channel I deleted last week - ditto the extraordinarily helpful
(encrypted) porno channel, Television X, or the not so pervy but equally
encrypted Cartoon Network. I did *nothing* to make them appear, and have
found myself removing them more than once. It was handy for More4 to add
itself as it did, but that doesn't mean I want the corpses of Top-Up TV
to return. Unless someone feels like giving out a SoftCAM 101, which I
doubt they do.

The hardware is a 1.7Ghz Pentium M, with two Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T's
(cx88xx-based model), and a GeForce 5200, connected via VGA, to a 26"
LCD HDTV.

--Jo Shields