[mythtv-users] Fanless HDTV backend on EPIA SP 8000E Vs. EPIA PD 6000E

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:11:49 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I've got Myth running just fine on my desktop P4, but I want to add a
fanless low power server to my network so I can have a Myth backend
running 24/7 with minimal noise and power, and physical size.

Does anyone have experience with the differences between the EPIA SP
8000E ($250) and the EPIA PD 6000E ($180) running the Myth backend
processes (MySql, Apache, MythWeb ,Mythbackend, CommFlagg and
Transcode ) with the pcHDTV 3000 or the Air2Pc?

I think I'll be fine with the PD 6000E for all of the main backend
processes, but if the SP 8000E is worth the extra dough for
transcoding HDTV down to DVD, then I'll pony up the difference.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric