[mythtv-users] nvidia card on a budget suggestions

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Tue May 31 20:14:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 10:58 -0700, Fedor Pikus wrote:
> If you want "HD-out", i.e. component TV-out, your choices start with
> GeForce 6200, which go for just over $100. Otherwise, there are many
> Geforce 5700 or even 5200 with TV-out (SVideo and composite) and dual
> DVI/VGA, like this one:

Whatever you do, stay away from the 5200.  I bought one, and had nothing
but trouble (system lock-ups, oopses, crashes, etc).  Went to the nVidia
forums and everyone there was saying that it is a complete POS, even in
Windows.  So, I ebay'd a Ti4200 and it's been beautiful ever since.  I
had been using a GeForce2 GTS with no problems until the fan failed and
the GPU fried.

Lonnie Borntreger