[mythtv-users] Brigthness problem

Teruel de Campo chusty at attglobal.net
Tue May 31 19:02:32 UTC 2005

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> I'm not sure why that brightness control doesn't immediately take affect.
>
> You can try the firegl app to adjust gamma instead, which if you
> launch as root I believe should be persistent across logging in and
> out of X.
>
> Also there is always the option of just adjusting it on your TV/monitor ;)

Mario,

I as wrote to Patrick the problem is that is not darkness and bad quality all
the time. As soon as I press the G key everything changes. If I do a schedule
recording is terrible the brightness and quality. If I tried to corrected with
the F key and increase brightness 100% the brightness increases but it is not
watchable. The quality is affected.
My question is what else I am doing pressing the G key than just activating the
brightness?
Why when in LiveTV the picture is so bad before I press the G?
I can probably answer partially the last question. What I am watching in live TV
is the immediate recording of the TV signal which is very bad. When I do
schedule recording is the same. If in life TV I press the G key everything is ok
including the "immediate recording' that I can watch with P < >.  In schedule
recording nobody is there to press the G key and therefore the recording is not
good.
Why?

TIA

Regards,