[mythtv-users] Brigthness problem

Teruel de Campo chusty at attglobal.net
Tue May 31 18:53:43 UTC 2005

Patrick de Brabander [mythtv] wrote:
> In mythweb you can control the settings for brightness, hue, color etc....
>
> works perfect.

Patrick,

The controls work me also my question is <G> According to keys.txt file "rotates
between the various Picture Adjustments (Color, Hue etc) for recording. These
values affect the look of the resulting .niv file, and are independent of the
playback picture settings"

If I am watching live TV when I start the tv seems to be reading from the
buffer, the picture is dark and the "quality even may be different" is
essentially impossible to watch. Now if I press the G key <adjust recording
brightness and the value is setup at 50%> show up. Without doing anything
suddenly I get a perfect picture. Same happens with all the channels. If I
change channels and come back to the previous one I have to press G again. The
buffer when I move backward shows what I saw in TV dark and also good picture
that corresponds to the time i press the G key.
In summary. I can get a good picture and I can record in the buffer a good
picture. If I do schedule recording the quality is terrible it seems that the
recording is like the liveTV without pressing the G key.

Regards,

-=terry(Denver)=-