[mythtv-users] nvidia card on a budget suggestions

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue May 31 17:49:21 UTC 2005

i asked this a while back, but either didn't get many specific responses
or i deleted them and can't remember what people suggested! :p

anyway, i'm wanting to replace my ATI AIW 9600 non-pro in my myth
frontend with a non-capture video card (i really want the AIW in my
windows box, since parts of the card are going to waste currently) ...
i'm def on a budget, so not looking into the highest, most cutting-edge
nvidia cards, but i want something that will last me a while and is
comparable to the Radeon 9600 ...

i've got a transcoder already, so as long as it has a second vga-out,
i'm fine ... however, if it's supported, i could always use a
single-head vid card, since i've got my system's framebuffer support
configured so it outputs 480p, so my hdtv works as a monitor ... but,
i'm not sure if all the tv-related tweaks (hd timings, center mode
stuff, etc) are all supported on a single-vga card ... i'm wanting to
spend well under $100 ... anyone recommend any specific nvidia cards to
check out?  not interested in gaming, so 3D performance means nothing to
me, only movie quality

-g-