[mythtv-users] Master System Emulators...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 31 16:13:52 UTC 2005

Ryan A. Carris wrote:

>On 5/31/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>Why threaded mail readers are useful (in case someone cuts too much info
>>from the original post and/or forgets to say "(was NES Emulators for use
>>with MythTV)" in the subject line).  :)
>>
>>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/133433#133433
>>

>My bad.  My apologies.  His response didn't have the "Re:" in it, and
>didn't get threaded in.  I thought that this was just another one of
>"those" messages.
>Please accept my apologies.

I wouldn't say it's "your bad."  The bad belong to more than one person.  ;)

Oh, and you definitely shouldn't be apologizing.  Your reply was nice,
short, and courteous, so--had it been an outsider lost in
cyberspace--he/she would have realized that this list is the wrong list.

Mike

BTW, the "AW:" in the subject seems to be about equivalent to "Re:" (or
maybe "Fwd:") in some other language (haven't figured out which language
or what it stands for, yet).  If your mail reader is only keying off the
subject line, threading is bound to break quite often.  Instead, it
should be keying off the "In-Reply-To" and "References" headers of the
mail message...