[mythtv-users] upgrade to 0.18 broke things

jacko emailgeek at gmail.com
Tue May 31 15:58:46 UTC 2005

Is there a check list that a newbie can use when upgrading from one
version to the next....

I went from myth .17 to .18 where everything was working to losing my
SPDIF output and mythweb.

I did a apt-get update && apt-dist upgrade on FC2 and when I went to
go view previous recordings there was no sound.  Also, when I was
checking out other things... I noticed that mythweb was broken with
the following errors:

User Notice at /var/www/html/includes/mythbackend.php, line 156:
Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=14, backend=15)

Fatal Error at /var/www/html/includes/mythbackend.php, line 32:
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

I know the mythbackend daemon is running and I can view all my
previous recordings.

What happened? Can anyone help?