[mythtv-users] Re: tv programs that run long

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue May 31 11:53:48 UTC 2005

On Tue 31 May 2005 10:48, Stephen Williams wrote:
> On 5/31/05, Jit V <jit_v1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I know that someone was working on PDC (programme delivery control, or
> > something like that).
> >
> > I'd love to see this on mythtv :)
>
> A while ago whilst flicking through the UK DVB specs (as you do) I
> remember seeing a DVB equivalent of PDC. Basically it's a flag which
> is set if the programme is currently being aired. Again, I don't know
> whether this is UK specific or even whether the broadcasters use this
> to indicate programmes that are over running....
>
> Has anybody got any information or looked into this? Could a nice
> addition to (already much improved!) myth DVB support.

This morning I was just thinking about PDC and wondering if there was a DVB
implementation (Missed a few minutes of several programmes lately). I was
going to ask about it myself! ;)

Myth support for such a flag would be very near the top of my wishlist. I
would love to do this myself but I'm confident that it is beyond my current
understanding of Myth and DVB. Beside which I'm already working on two
patches for myth which are keeping me occupied.
--
Stuart Morgan