[mythtv-users] Pundit-R - ATI or SiS

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Tue May 31 05:53:07 UTC 2005

Pundit-S (likely the cheaper 'R' on new-egg)  is running a SIS chipset.
I run a Pundit-S as a combo back-end/front-end without any problems,
excellent little system. (Just be aware you won't get Open GL
Acceleration on the SiS chipset :( )
- Ciaran

On 31/05/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > AFAIK the Pundit-R is *only* ATI based, the older Pundit is *only* SiS
> > based.
>
> So right you are.
>
> >  I'm quite happily running the Pundit-R on FC2 as a combined
> > BE/FE system. I think either will be quite suitable. You will find the
> > system is quieter if you manage to get hold of the old Northwood
> > P4/Celerons, which have a lower thermal rating and therefore require
> > less cooling. Even with a newer 2.4GHz CeleronD, my system initially
> > was quite loud before I modded it.
> >
> > Nick
> >
> Thanks.

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)