[mythtv-users] master-backend with slave backend/frontend

Tyler Edwards nugen101 at comcast.net
Tue May 31 03:52:05 UTC 2005

I checked on that variable and changed it on the master backend, amazing, it
all seemed to work... or so I thought. For some reason I can't access the
tuner in the remote backend/frontend. When I record a show, I can't then
watch live TV without getting the message all tuners in use. When I goto the
status page on the frontend tuner 1 says not recording, tuner 2 says not
available. Is there something I'm missing to get them to talk together? All
of the IP information seems to be correct, I am getting guide data and don't
seem to be getting any database connection errors. I have checked the
channel editor and have listings for each input source, tuner0 and tuner1,
that's what I labeled them. I checked the system log and saw a line about
DEVPATH not set... does that have anything to do with my problem? Can my
masterbackend not access the card in the slave frontend/backend?
Thanks for the fast reply earlier.

Tyler