[mythtv-users] XVMC and PVR-250 recordings

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue May 31 03:31:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have an nVidia Geforce 6800, drivers 7174, kernel 2.6.12-rc4-mm2,
and XFree86 4.3.0 on a Debian sid machine with MythTV 0.18.1.  My
backend is on a separate machine also running 0.18.1.  The frontend is
an Athlon64 machine with 1GB RAM and runs at 1600x1200, 24bpp.

The backend has two cards: a PVR-250 and a pcHDTV 3000.

The frontend is set to use XVMC for playback because it can't keep up
with HDTV streams otherwise.  The frontend plays back HDTV content
just fine.

However, I have been having trouble playing back content recorded on
the PVR-250.  On the console for mythfrontend, I see:

Unable to create XvMC Context return status:11 BadAlloc

Is there any way I can fix this, or disable XvMC for streams it
doesn't work with?

Thanks,
-- John