[mythtv-users] Pvr350 remote not works as root but not as user

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 30 23:38:07 UTC 2005

On 5/30/05, Don <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>  I've followed Jarods guide and have things working nicely, but the remote
> only works if I start mythfrontend as root.  If I start it as user "mythtv",
> I get no response.  Both root and mythtv work when I test it with irw.  Does
> anyone know what I have to change?  Thanks,
>  Don

Make sure you have the .lircrc file (and mythtv symlink) in the
mythfrontend user's directory. Maybe your mythtv home directory does
not have this LIRC file (which maps buttons to actions) but root does,
which explains why it worked when run as root, but not as mythtv.

irw should work if the /etc/lircd.conf file is correctly installed, as
this merely tells you which button you have pressed. The file
mentioned above allows applications such as mythtv, xine and mplayer
to use the buttons defined in /etc/lircd.conf for actions within the
applications themselves.

Nick