[mythtv-users] Mplayer crashes X

Mark Keenan mfkeenan at ireland.com
Mon May 30 15:51:10 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I recently did a much neede apt-get upgrade on my myth box. However, having done this, mplayer simply refuses to work. If I try to watch a movie through myth, the movie starts to play (I know because I hear the sound), but I never see anything other than the myth movie description on the screen.

Originally, I thought it was a focus/z-order problem and that I could simply alt-tab to the playing movie, but I couldnt!....
So then I tried playing a movie from the command line using mplayer and doing this causes the entire X session to freeze up. I have to kill X to recover the box?!?!?!?!....

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions as to ways I could look to diagnose the issue here?...

Thanks,
Mark

PS - I also tried to install XINE, but apt-get reports:

or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  xine: Depends: libcurl.so.3 but it is not installable
        Depends: libidn.so.11 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages