[mythtv-users] Tivo-style "suggestions" now provided by TVWish

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:10:07 UTC 2005

> The suggest-title should work fine.  However, and this is something I
> forgot to document, you must have programids.   Here in North America,
> the listing service gives everything a programid.   For outside, I believe
> the more recent versions of mythfilldatabase also create a program id.
> Do you have those?

Brad,

Myth tries to create a programid, but not very hard. It relies on
category_type, episode and season which are all empty here in Holland,
so the progamid is always empty - this is with mythtv 0.18 and
tv_grab_nl_pdb. It would be nice if mythfilldatabase would set
category_type = category, if the former is empty

So over the weekend I hacked tvwish to fake a programid from the
title, subtitle and description if the programid is empty and to
optionally use category rather than category_type. This works for
Movies and complete series, but so far hasn't scheduled any pilots or
named episodes (I've not yet had time to go through the program guide
and find something to test it with). I can send you a patch if you
want to merge this in with the official version.

Regards,

Chris