[mythtv-users] MediaCenter Plan/Help

Thomas Witzel twitzel at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon May 30 14:52:22 UTC 2005

Thanks for your reply,

> You do realize that 1024x768 is a 4:3 ratio.  720p is 1280x720.  (Since you
> mention 720p below, I thought I would emphasize this distinction.)

That confused me too, however many 1024x768 displays are advertised as
using 720p as native mode, or to convert all inputs to 720p. I've not
yet seen any plasma TV that has a 1280x720 native resolution.
There are a few plasma TV's like the sony PFM's which are advertised
as 1024x1024 in some stores and 1024x768 in others. Sony can't give me an
answer to this, because they claim that the PFM's are not their product.
They only consider the KDE's to be theirs. Maybe its some "fake sony" scam
pulled by some stores here.

Thomas