[mythtv-users] Re: Yum versus apt

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon May 30 14:28:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 02:32:39PM +0200, mogens lunde wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 02:39:20PM +0200, mogens lunde wrote:
> > > rpm -q apt atrpms-package-config and
> > > rpm -V apt atrpms-package-config
> > atrpms-package-config-92-1.rhfc3.at
> > S.5....T  c /etc/apt/preferences
> Did you modify /etc/apt/preferences?
>
> No, I have not modfied any settings - but strictly followed Jarods
> description and only that.

Jarod's guide only uses apt and that only installs packages. This
cannot explain a wrong checksum on one of the installed files.

> Now I tried to reinstall FC3 + Mythtv from scratch again. Same
> phenomenon: Can only do an apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade, then
>   yum is the only possibility. It must be some peculiarity of my HW/SW
> settings I guess?

I don't believe so. Maybe you are misunderstanding some parts of the
docus? E.g. after installing atrpms-kickstart did you

apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade; apt-get update?

E.g. perhaps you forgot the apt-get update? Or you force installed
atrpms-package-config over atrpms-kickstart? What does

rpm -qf /etc/apt/preferences

say?

It may had been a bug in the configs, but since there is noone else to
backup this report, I tend to this it is a user error.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net