[mythtv-users] Re: database crash???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 30 01:41:53 UTC 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>It seems that if I change .mythtv/mysql.txt to use localhost instead
>of 192.168.1.2 then I can run mythfrontend.
>
>#DBHostName=192.168.1.2
>DBHostName=localhost
>DBUserName=mythtv
>DBPassword=mythtv
>DBName=mythconverg
>DBType=QMYSQL3
>

>Is this additional evidence of some sort of databse crash?

Assuming that you changed either your database privileges or mysql.txt
before the problems started, it's not evidence of a crash--it's expected.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privilege-system.html

specifically

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privileges.html
and
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/access-denied.html

Note that you would not necessarily have had to make the changes the day
it stopped working.  If you changed privileges on the database, it may
take some time to take effect:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/privilege-changes.html

Mike