[mythtv-users] Can't start lircd

Paul Pick paul.pick at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:45:19 UTC 2005

> What would keep lircd from starting.  When I type in /sbin/service lircd
> start  I get nothing.  No error and no OK.

More information would be good, like what distro you're running, what
versions of ir-related packages you have installed, etc.

I'm replying 'cause I recently had to back out of the latest atrpms lirc
upgrade for fc1 (the kernel module wouldn't create /dev entries, I think).
If you've recently done such an upgrade then perhaps that's your
problem too.

> If I try to run /usr/bin/irw I
> get not such file or directory.

And does /usr/bin/irw exist? Or is it complaining 'cause /dev/lirc* doesn't
exist?

--
"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!"
 -- Kurt Vonnegut