[mythtv-users] Colour Saturation Problem

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun May 29 15:48:55 UTC 2005

On Sun 29 May 2005 02:20, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) wrote:
> if the same box looks good on your monitor, you may want to look into
> calibrating your tv (i'd HIGHLY suggest it regardless. .. you'd be
> amazed at the difference in picture quality actual calibration of your
> tv makes compared to factory settings)

I can't remember what that particular box looked like on a monitor and I've
had enough of hauling monitors around the house :) However compared to my
other myth boxes which are connected to monitors the picture is (was) much
different.

The major problem is that altering the settings on the TV will affect the
other devices interfaced through it -> I have a satellite AND cable box
connected, plus a VCR on occasions.

I've managed to solve most of the problems by tweaking a combination of the
nvidia-settings and gamma. There is still potential for more tweaking which I
will do over the next week.
--
Stuart Morgan