[mythtv-users] Re: Getting good audio sync in nuvexport/transcodings w/cutlist?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun May 29 15:18:34 UTC 2005

On Saturday 28 May 2005 23:53, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:23:54 -0700
> From: Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Getting good audio sync in
>         nuvexport/transcodings  w/cutlist?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>

> Well, I've seen a number of threads about this but no clear resolution.
>
> Recently I've been trying to transocde a 720p MP2 file to MP4 with
> a cutlist.   The file is 4 hours long -- 22 gigabytes, and it has
> a whopping 76 minutes of "cuttable material", so use of a cutlist
> is pretty important.
>
> However, the result had steadily worsening audio sync, getting over
> a second off eventually.
If you use nuvexport wat does
''Finding the AV Offset to use with lvemux:" tell you ?
If it says 0 (not detected),
then lvemux can't handle your MPEG format, it probably is a TS instead of PS.
The TS has more than 1 audio channel and it doesn't know which to choose, so
it won't be synchronised.
If you load the file in avidemux you probably will see there is an offset
of ....ms. If nuvexport would use avidemux instead of lvemux for this then I
think the sync problems should be gone.

Henk Schoneveld