[mythtv-users] Re: [VERY OT] Pundit-R Celeron and memory choices

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 29 14:53:17 UTC 2005

On 5/29/05, belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> On Sunday 29 May 2005 05:38, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 15:32:27 -0700
> > From: Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>
> > Subject: [mythtv-users] [VERY OT] Pundit-R Celeron and memory choices
> > forMyth frontend
> > To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> >
> > Hi,
> > I'm purchasing 3 Pundit-R's for frontend only machines. I noticed
> > that there is a 90nm 533MHz FSB Celeron D processor that seems to run
> > without a fan:
> There is no fan in the package, you'll still need one, but the Pundit's is
> reasonably quitet.
>
> Henk Schoneveld

Ah....so this processor still requires a fan?

If so I'll look into getting something quiet.

My goal here is a machine that can sit near a bed but people can
sleep. Is the Pundit that quiet? For instance I cannot sleep near my
laptop when it's running so it must be turned off every evening.

Thanks,
Mark