[mythtv-users] What's wrong with the grabber/mythfilldatabase?

Rickard Borgmäster doktorn at sub.nu
Sun May 29 14:05:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:30:49 +0200
mogens lunde <acer at mogenslunde.dk> hit the keyboard and punched:

> Rickard Borgmäster wrote:
> >
> > running from command line works just fine. And I do that as root,
> > which Myth back/frontend also runs as. On the same machine. I have a
> > /root/.xmltv/cache dir and a cache.conf file pointing to the cache
> > dir.
> >

> Try to run as root. I couldn't make it work either as user mythtv.

That is just what I do. I run it all as root...

However, I got a tip to see if the $HOME path is correct, and it seems
as the $HOME is decided by the backent initscript:

# grep HOME /etc/init.d/mythbackend
        HOME="$(dirname "${MYTH_PID}")"

And the PID is set to...
 MYTH_PID="/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid"

Therefore, the $HOME is set to /var/run/mythtv/ rather than /root as it is
when running from a regular shell.

Don't know what's broken here. Is it a Gentoo-specific problem (with the
ebuild?) or is it the initscript that comes with MythTV?

--

Rickard