[mythtv-users] What's wrong with the grabber/mythfilldatabase?

Rickard Borgmäster doktorn at sub.nu
Sun May 29 11:50:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have some problem with mythfilldatabase. If I run it from the command
line just as is, there is no problem. Data is fetched and has always been
stable. However, if myth itself calls mythfilldatabase to fetch program
info, it never completes. Trying to find out why it does so, I found this
in the backend log:

[...]
2005-05-16 20:48:48.090 New DB connection, total: 1
2005-05-16 20:48:48.179 New DB connection, total: 2
Refreshing Tomorrow's data
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
2005-05-16 20:48:48.188 New DB connection, total: 3
You need to configure the http cache.
Do you want to do it now? [yes,no (default=yes)] vbi: Invalid argument
vbi: Invalid argument
[mpeg2video @ 0xb78ab830]Warning MVs not available
[...]

Seems as mythfilldatabase doesn't get what it expects from
tv_grab_se_swedb
due to that it cannot find it's config file. But it really should. As I
said,
running from command line works just fine. And I do that as root, which
Myth back/frontend also runs as. On the same machine. I have a
/root/.xmltv/cache dir and a cache.conf file pointing to the cache dir.

Doing a ps -ef to find out whatever command was issued to get the channel
data I found this:

/usr/bin/perl -w /usr/bin/tv_grab_se_swedb --days 1 --offset 1
--config-file /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/Analogue TV.xmltv --output
/tmp/mythWnESon

What's up with /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/? I have no xmltv config files
there, should I? As stated before, a plain "mythfilldatabase" from command
line is successful. Copying my Analogue TV.xmltv there (for testing
purposes) wont help either.

I don't get it. What's wrong?

--

Rickard