[mythtv-users] PVR-150 users - how did you do it?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 29 04:28:34 UTC 2005

On 5/28/05, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> It does appear to be mostly working now.  I'm testing it during
> livetv, so I'm not sure how a recording will go, but I think I may
> still be missing something.  The reason I say that is because, unlike
> my bttv card, the pvr150 takes a noticeable amount of time, maybe 20
> to 30 seconds, to start showing video when I swap to it with Y in Live
> TV.  Also, it takes maybe 10 to 15 seconds to change channels.  I also
> get the occasion prebuffering pause with the PVR150 that I don't get
> with the bttv card.  Using almost identical modprobe settings:

Yeah, I see about a 5-10 second pause when starting the card on live
TV, but once the TV is up I se only about a 3-4 second pause to change
channels. (This is from memory - I'm 350 miles from the card right
now.

> Going to set it to record a show and see how it plays back, but the
> livetv behavior concerns me.

On recordings for the two days I was there after I got it working I
consistently missed the opening credits. This does not happen with my
250 locally. I was possibly mistaken in thinking that was caused by
the system time being off. Fact is I didn't get to the bottom of that.
(Or about 5 other small problems I see with either the 150 of the
250.)

Good luck on the recording.

- Mark