[mythtv-users] XvMC output not working

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:27:06 UTC 2005

On 5/24/05, Morten Rønseth <morten.ronseth at webfx.no> wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> Thanks, adding '"Option   "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"' did the trick!
> However, the frontend hung when I tried doing ff/rew (>3x) after having
> initiated timestretch to 1.25x.
> Also, I only get b/wh OSD, but I gather it's that way for everybody. The
> OSD text is slightly jittery when playing back at normal speed,
> timestretching seems to smooth that out.
>
> Other than that xvmc works great on my fx5200 card.
>

> Cheers,
>

> -Morten
>
> Gavin Haslett wrote:
>
> >Yeah, what he said :)
> >
> >Also, unless you turn it off by including;
> >
> >Option "NoLogo" "true"
> >
> >Then you'll get a big NVIDIA splash screen when you start X. If you
> >haven't specified this and aren't getting the splash screen then you're
> >not using the accelerated driver.

Having now HD enabled my mythbox, I am interested in getting XvMC to
work.  My rig (FE/BE):
AMD64 3800+
1G RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV3000 (QAM w/ DVB)
pvr350
2.6.12-rc4
nVidia 7174

It does HD, but runs at ~95%.  XvMC has worked before.  Sometimes
it'll work, and then 3 minutes later, not work.  I've set
"XvmcUsesTextures"  = "true", but to no avail.  Anyone have any ideas?