[mythtv-users] pvr-150 no tuner

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sat May 28 19:25:42 UTC 2005

On 5/28/05, Peter T. Abplanalp <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
> * On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 09:28:17AM -0600, Garry Cook wrote:
> > On 5/28/05, Peter T. Abplanalp <pta-myth at psaconsultants.com> wrote:
> > > i can watch and record tv; however, when i watch tv, i
> > > am seeing the upper left corner of the stream.  i.e. it
> > > seems like the "tv" screen is larger than my display and
> > > i am only seeing the upper left corner.
> >
> > Hmmm... Trying to recall exactly where those settings are.
> > I only used them during initial setup of the card, so it's
> > been a while...  I believe you'll locate this under
> > mythtv-setup, but if not, check the setup section of
> > mythfrontend, look for 'playback' under 'TV settings', it
> > might be found there instead.  Either way, what you're
> > looking for are the recording profiles. This is where you
> > tell MythTV what resolution to capture at depending upon
> > the recording profile in use. Since I use a PVR-500, I've
> > set all of my recording profiles to 720x480.  I think that
> > someone recently posted that this should not be necessary
> > with the newest ivtv drivers...
>
> i am using the latest stable drivers, .2 i believe.  i found
> some resolution define stuff under setup -> appearance.  i
> tried to use separate stuff for videio and gui but had no
> luck.  it did change the playback resolution but i always
> only saw the upper left corner.  any other ideas?

Latest 'stable' drivers? I'm not sure that these support the
PVR-150/500. You probably want the latest testing drivers, which I
believe are version 0.3.Nx. For my PVR-500-MCE, I think I'm still
running 0.3.2r, but I've seen people using even newer drivers, such as
0.3.4g.
Unless I've misunderstood what you're saying, you should go back to
Jarod's guide and read the section on setting up capture cards. Be
sure to expand the section about PVR-150/500s. There he describes how
to setup apt to use the atrpms testing branch, as opposed to the
stable branch which is the default.
--Garry