[mythtv-users] Myth, ivtv, and VBI. Is it possible?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Fri May 27 18:45:33 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Ian Trider <iantri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And there is another.  I explicity remember Isaac's response stating
> > that myth will support ivtv cc when ivtv puts the data in the mpeg
> > stream "where it belongs".
>
> I had thought that the code has not implemented in Myth yet to display
> closed captions from MPEG-embedded VBI data, but IANAD and so have no
> idea.

I believe this is correct. See this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/20728?search_string=lane;#20728

In that thread, Martin Barnasconi said that it would help if someone
could provide him with an MPEG2 clip that has closed caption data
embedded. Is there anyone who has a recent (0.3.x) ivtv driver that
could provide a small clip? I would, but I'm running an old ivtv
driver that doesn't have CC support.

Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!