[mythtv-users] Nuvexport dies - no matching database entries (was Re: Remain in MPEG-2 but remove commercials?)

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Fri May 27 18:32:15 UTC 2005

Short story: nuvexport dies with the following error message

mark at dragonfly ~ $ nuvexport

First the terminal clears and then I get:

100%
Found 9 files, but no matching database entries.

Long story:

On 5/27/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/05, Lane Schwartz <dowobeha at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/27/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Lane,
> > >    I tried nuvexport, failed miserably, posted a couple of questions
> > > here and got no replies. I don't know how to proceed with this option.
> > >
> > >    Thanks for the response.
> > >
> > > With best regards,
> > > Mark
> >
> > Sorry to hear that. I've had some troubles, but generally been
> > successful getting nuvexport to work.
> >
> > I'm surprised I didn't see your posts - perhaps they didn't get
> > through. I try to keep an eye out for nuvexport mpeg related posts.
> > Could you send me the archive links? I couldn't find them when I
> > searched just now either.
> >
> > Lane
> >
> Lane,
>    This was a couple of months ago. I just tried nuvexport again and
> got the same problem. Let's jsut start new.
>
> 1) man nuvexport starts with:

> in exporting .NUV files from mythtv into various formats. Most of the
> usage is interactive with the program."
>
> Since it says it's interactive I try nuvexport from the command line.
>
> mark at dragonfly ~ $ nuvexport
>
> First the terminal clears and then I get:

> 100%
> Found 9 files, but no matching database entries.
>
> mark at dragonfly ~ $
>
> It doesn't seem to be interactive. In that case I try runnign it again
> with the name of a file I've recorded:
>
> mark at dragonfly /TVstorage $ nuvexport 1005_20050524200000_20050524210000.nuv
>
> and I get the same results:

> 100%
> Found 9 files, but no matching database entries.
>
> mark at dragonfly /TVstorage $
>
> I posted this quandry probably 8 weeks ago. No need to go looking.
> This is all I've been able to do.
>
> How do I run this and make it useful?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Wow. That's bizarre.

You should be able to run nuvexport at the command line with no
options. When you do, a text menu similar to this should appear:

100%

Using ffmpeg for exporting.
What would you like to do?

  1. Export to XviD
  2. Export to SVCD
  3. Export to VCD
  4. Export to DVCD (VCD with 48kHz audio for making DVDs)
  5. Export to DVD
  6. Export to DivX
  7. Export to ASF
  8. Export to MP3
  9. MPEG2->MPEG2 cut only
 10. Export to .nuv and .sql

  q. Quit

Choose a function:

If you don't see this menu, the first step is to run nuvexport --debug
(I can't remember if that's one or two dashes). Hopefully that will
clear up where the problem is.

Grepping for that error message, it looks like it's in one of the
supporting perl files:

/usr/share/nuvexport/mythtv/recordings.pm

The guy who wrote nuvexport is Chris Peterson. If the debug option and
looking at the first few lines of the nuvexport code aren't helpful,
you might try checking with Chris. (He is often on the #mythtv-users
irc chat room as xris.) He or one of the other community members might
have more insights than I have.

The main thing I use nuvexport for is cutting commercials from my
mpeg2 files so that I can burn them to DVD.

Cheers,
Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!