[mythtv-users] Remain in MPEG-2 but remove commercials?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:24:07 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    Is it possible to somehow use transcode to leave my recorded files
> > in MPEG-2 format but remove the commercials? Essentially I'd like to
> > automate what the Z key does when I'm watching.
> >
> >    Alternatively, can MythTV be set up to automatically hit Z for me
> > and skip the commercial for me?
>
> Yes. To set it for each recording (As you're watching it), bring up
> the OSD menu (I), move to "Commercial Auto-Skip", press right, go down
> to the bottom (Auto skip commercials) and press Enter
>
> To set it always, dig through the playback settings.
> --
> Robert "Anaerin" Johnston

Robert,
   The menu mode is sort of working for the programs I've recorded.
but for the one program I tried as a transcode test it now tells me
'Not flagged' when I hit the Z key and doesn't skip the commercials.
On that file if I now hit the right arrow (skip ahead by 30 seconds)
then the program locks up for a bout 30 second! Other recorded
programs still work as expected.

   I obviously don't get what's going on here.

thanks,
Mark