[mythtv-users] Key modifiers in lircrc

Ben Giddings bg-mythtv at infofiend.com
Fri May 27 15:46:23 UTC 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 20:27, Michael Carland wrote:
> The problem I see with this in Myth is that there are many "modes" in
> Myth, where you may want the same remote key to perform a different
> function in different modes. This would be problematic if the function
> name was in the config line.
>
> Not that I have a better solution.

Then you could probably have a variety of "program" names for MythTV:
'mythmusic' would have one set of commands, 'mythweather' would have
another set, 'mythgui' another set, 'mythplayback' another set...

You could also have some generic commands that worked for any myth mode,
like "delete", or "menu", or "seek +10".  They might not always apply
(like seek +10 wouldn't be of much use in the GUI) but whenever the mode
permitted that command, that command would work.

Ben