[mythtv-users] Re: Yum munging systems?

Steve Listopad listopad at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 15:16:23 UTC 2005

All,

I've been watching the thread about yum vs. apt.  I don't particularly care
which I should use to get MythTV working, but my situation is that I've used
yum (no repository customizations) up to this point to update my FC3 box
because, well, it was there to use.  The kicker for me is that I have a
FX-55-based box, so I imagine that I'm going to run into issues related to the
comments below:

>To place the picture correctly: apt does not support mixed multilib
>systems (typical FC x86_64 installs) in any way, while yum
>does. That's one of the greatest advantages of yum as I see it.
>--
>Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

So, I suppose my question is this:  Do I have a chance of getting MythTV
installed & working properly?  If so, which would be the recommended package
manager, yum or apt?  Any advice specific to a stock 64-bit FC3 installation?

Thanks,
Steve