[mythtv-users] Myth, ivtv, and VBI. Is it possible?

Greg Chila greg.chila at gmail.com
Fri May 27 15:09:45 UTC 2005

I've been a mythTV user for almost two years now, and never looked
back.  However, I just built a mythbox for my girlfriend.  Everything
is working great (audio is a little off, but otherwise OK).  The
problem is, she loves closed captioning.

I know myth has support for CC (aka VBI), and I have the options
enabled in myth's setup, but I cannot figure out how to properly
configure the pvr250MCE so that CC will work.  The pvr350 in my box
also won't work.  I've scoured the net trying to find a solution, but
none is available.

Can someone point me in the right direction to enable VBI?  I've seen
some inferences in the ivtv mailing list that embedding VBI in the
mpeg stream has been possible for some time, but no details on how
this is possible.  Is this how myth expects the VBI, embedded in the
MPEG?

*Any* help at all is much appreciated.

Greg Chila