[mythtv-users] [PVR-500] Only scheduling on one tuner

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:09:22 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:
> After changing the setup, did you restart mythbackend?
>  The changes won't take effect unless you do that.
>
> I have a PVR-500 and a PVR-250, and I can schedule
> recordings across all three tuners.
>
> -- Joe
>
> --- Eric Schwartz <emschwar at ericschwartz.us> wrote:
> > Garry Cook wrote:
> > schedule recordings on one
> > simultaneously, I get
> > I ran mythtv-setup, I
> > the other as
> > the same video
> > myth would use both
> > >

> > > Try setting them to:
> > > /dev/video0 - Tuner 0
> > > /dev/video1 - Tuner 0
> >
> > I did, and it still only wants to schedule on one
> > tuner at a time.  I'm
> > curious as to why this works, though, or rather, why
> > if this works, so
> > did the other way.
> >
> > -=Eric

Yes, as Joe mentioned, you should be restarting your backend after
making changes within mythtv-setup.
You might also want to shutdown (NOT reboot) and then restart your
machine after a period of about ten seconds. This might not be
necessary, so I would use it as a last resort. However, I have seen
several people on the list post that they have found the PVR150/500
does not always accept changes, or stores old values in NVRAM, which
might not be cleared after just doing a reboot.

--Garry