[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboards

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:33:01 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, Kevin Hayes <haze at txc.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:10:53 +1200
> Duncan Kennington <zilla at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > I use and recommend the BTC 9019URF.  It's got an inbuilt joystick which
> > serves as either a mouse or a joystick (great for xmame stuff too) plus
> > handles for walloping errant children/animals. :-)
> >
> > http://www.btc.com.tw/english/news_15.htm
>
> This is the board i'm using and its great to use.
>
> Have you tried to use a learning remote with it?, i've been fooling
> around here for the last hour or so, without much success.
>
> --
> Kevin Hayes

We got a learning remote working with our infrared keyboard.  It isn't
that you need a learning remote so much as a JP1 programmable remote.
We found that the learning functionality won't get you too far because
of its limited memory capacity.

Here is a group that discusses the JP1 programmable remotes:

Here is some software for programming them:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/

--
Tim
www.magicitx.com