[mythtv-users] Undefined reference to `mpeg_xvmc_vld_decoder'

Fred Bassett fred4180 at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 02:31:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I got the following error building Matt Zimmerman's (dijkstra.csh.rit.edu)
latest (0.18.1) debian mythtv packages:

    undefined reference to `mpeg_xvmc_vld_decoder'

I added --enable-xvmc and --enable-xvmc-vld to the debian/rules file.

I'm running debian xfree86-4.3.0.dfsg.1-12, with the following unichrome
packages from www.physik.fu-berlin.de:

libxvmc1
libxvmc-dev
libxvmcw1
libxvmcw1-dev
xlibs-static-dev
xserver-xfree86

Is it a problem that these packages were for dfsg.1-10, when my base
installation is up to 1-12?

I'm sure I've just missed something simple, but can't see where it is. Any
one have any ideas?

Thanks,