[mythtv-users] Volume difference between sources: is there a way to fix it?

Claude Boucher bouchecl at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:19:01 UTC 2005

I don't know if this should be part of a wish list but here it is.

I have the following problem (not really a problem but an annoyance). I
have a dual-card MythTV box with the following inputs:

1 PVR150 MCE receives analog cable signals
1 PVR250 retail receives digital cable through S-Video and RCA to 3.5mm jack

I use mythTV 0.18.1 and ivtv 0.34w (FC3, from ATrpms)

The signal from analog cable is at least 10% louder than the signal from
the cable STB (although the volume from the STB is set to the maximum
value). This is not a Myth problem per se, because the analog audio
coming from the cable company is louder than the digital signal, even if
I bypass Myth completely.

Is there a way to fine tune the volume for each capture card so I could
lower the volume from my analog cable input? I know I could use
recording profiles to set the volume, but this applies to individual
shows; some of which are recorded on either capture card, as determined
by myth.

A volume slider for each source in the mythtv-setup interface would be
great, but it does not work this way.

Thank you for your suggestions.