[mythtv-users] Questions about themes

Thu May 26 19:33:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Donavan Stanley wrote:

> On 5/26/05, IvanK. <chepati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I have a few questions about themes:
> >
> > 1) Do you have to be a programmer to create a new theme?
>
> Nope, though you will need to edit XML.  A paint program and a text
> editor are the basic tools.
>

> > 2) Can we have animations in themes?  For example selecting an entry in a menu
> > will trigger some visual effect (like a simple animation), etc.
>
> No.  (not yet anyway)
>
> > 3) are osd themes more difficult to create than the other other themes.  Not
> > sure if "osd theme" is the right term -- it's the stuff you get when you
> > press info while watching something. Is it possible to have visual effects in
> > these too?
>
> OSD theme is the correct term, and they're far and away easier to
> create than a normal myth theme.  You could do a perfect OSD theme in
> an afternoon, a good full myth them takes days/weeks to create.

Donavan, I started looking over minimalist-wide, and I can appreciate how
much effort goes into getting a theme "just right".  Are you planning on
finishing that theme, or is it going to get transitioned to LxM?

If Titivillus-osd were setup on a 1280x720 foundation, would it fix the
line-spacing of the show description?

Thanks,

John