[mythtv-users] Mythbackend System lockup; Checking root filesystem

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu May 26 16:37:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 12:21, Tim Tait wrote:
> Is the console still responsive? (does capslock still toggle the LED?)
>
> What filesystem(s) do you have?
>
> Are you running Raid?
>
> What motherboard/IDE controller?
>

> Tim

I think it has something to do with one of the hard drives. I have three
drives, two of which are Maxtor 160 gig. I rebooted the machine and ran
the quick tests of the drives using the Maxtor utility. Then I was able
to reboot the machine and get into FC3. Weird thing is that both drives
pass all tests, including the long tests.

The drives are just a LVM, no redundancy.
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                     313022168 204470268  92651228  69% /
/dev/hda1               101086     12077     83790  13% /boot

When this was happening the console was not responsive and the machine
was not accessible over the network. Not sure about capslock.

Not sure what my plan is at this point.

Thanks,
James