[mythtv-users] HD 3000 DVB has Signal Lock, Myth Can't See It

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Thu May 26 13:29:04 UTC 2005

Michael Haan writes:
 > > How do I figure out if I've got a mismatch, and how do I fix it?
 > >

 > I just tested and I can *definitely* tune HD using DVB/QAM with this
 > card.  I'm so close, I just need to get myth on board.

Yeah, that's the *EXACT* same thing that happened to me when I got my
air2pc.   I was using the RPMS for 0.17, and they were compiled
against a kernel w/o the latest linux-dvb code.  So when myth tried
to issue an ioctl to the dvb adapter, it passed an invalid ioctl
to the card, so it could not talk to it.   I  don't really understand
what could be going wrong with your gentoo build, but it sure sounds
like its finding the wrong dvb headers.

If I were you, I'd download the 0.18.1 source tarball, and build it by
hand, making sure to specify the dvb header location correctly as the
one matching your kernel.  Then, rather than installing it, try
running the setup program right from the source directory.  If that
works, then there's something funky about your gentoo builds and you
need a gentoo expert to fix it.

I personally just gave up on using the packaged builds and always
build by hand from src now.   Coming from FreeBSD's ports system
(similar to gentoo), this just feels wrong.  But it worked ;)

Drew