[mythtv-users] Mythbackend System lockup; Checking root filesystem

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu May 26 12:37:56 UTC 2005

My mythbackend machine locked up around 3AM last night. Actually the
hard drive light showed constant activity this morning, but the box was
not accessible, either on the console or network. This is not the first
time it's happened, but it does not happen often.

So I reset the box. It prompted me for a file system check when it came
up and i hit Y to do it. Now it's sitting at "Checking root filesystem"
and has been for over an hour. The hard drive lights is again showing
constant activity.

System is FC3 with a 3-drive LVM, running Myth 0.16.
Should I let it keep working?
Should I reset and not do the file system check?
Anything else I should do?

Thanks,
James