[mythtv-users] WHISH-LIST: what I always wanted.

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Thu May 26 07:03:14 UTC 2005

Karsten Jeppesen wrote:

> There is a very very important thing missing in MythTV.
> At least I have been missing this feature on every single TV I have had:
>
> A volumen-preset-while-the-bloody-commercials-are-running button.
>
> Ever noticed that the sound is turned up 15% while the commercials are
> on?
> I would like a switch button that is programmable so I can press it
> and temporarily lower the volumen to X% of what it was before.
> When the button is pressed again we resume at the previously used volume.
>

> Karsten

One of my tv's has an stable volume thing that brings their levels down.

I am sort of wierd about this issue. I have kind of made a pact with
myself that I will never buy any product where the record levels are
maxed out or people scream. I also make it a point not to listen to
their advertisements when I hear the volumn increase like that. I don't
know how successful I've been in real life, but I bet its hurt a sale
from me more than once.

-Mike