[mythtv-users] WHISH-LIST: what I always wanted.

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Thu May 26 04:58:21 UTC 2005

Tom Hines wrote:

>What are you doing watching commercials?

Duh - I may not have explained this well enough.
See - I use MythTv as a TV as well. Unfortunately Myth can not
retroactively record a channel. So when you flip to a channel and - hey
there is a good movie - then there is no 5 minutes to fast forward. So
when the commercials come on with their +15% volume then it would be
nice to tone them that far down that you can barely hear them.
NOT MUTE.
Why would I watch the screen, when I can go making coffee, find the book
for later  whatever. I do have ears too and they will tell me when the
commercial segment is over. I realize I could pause and then come back
after 30 mins, but what would I do for 30 mins? I mean except for
reading and answering emails?
Watching TV has a social function as well when you are married. OOh -
thats what I could use the 30 mins for - hmm.
Anyway - I still think a preset volume - back to normal volume would be
a nice thing.

Karsten