[mythtv-users] Reboot of backend causes frontend to crash?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu May 26 01:02:44 UTC 2005

David,
   In my case the middle green button did not clear this message. Strange.

   Can you tell me how to restart the window manager? If I lose
control of the frontend (it's happened a couple of times now) I can
still ssh in from a remote system and kill all the mythfrontend
processes. This brings me to the Xebian desktop but using only the
remote control how do I restart Myth?

   Or is there some way I can restart mythfrontend from the ssh
terminal on another computer but get it to display on the XBox's TV?

Thanks much,
Mar