[mythtv-users] PVR-150 status?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:47:39 UTC 2005

On 5/25/05, Milos Prudek <prudek at bvx.cz> wrote:
> What is the current status of PVR-150 support in relation to Myth?
>
> If I use development ivtv drivers, will I get the same functionality as
> with PVR-250? Including the ability to use remote control? The same wife
> acceptance factor? The same stability?

Milos,
   I brought up a PVR-150 on Saturday on a gentoo box. I was using a
pretty new gentoo-source 2.6.11 kernel. I could NOT get it working
with Gentoo's ivtv-0.2 driver (~x86) so I used the 0.3.3k driver from
the ivtv site. That worked fine.

I added this to the /etc/modules.d/ivtv file:

gandalf ~ # cat /etc/modules.d/ivtv
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

options cx25840 no_black_magic=1
options ivtv ivtv_std=0 tuner=50 tda9887=0 ivtv_debug=1
options cx25840 i2c_enable=1
options saa7127 i2c_enable=-1
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe tuner; /sbin/modprobe msp3400;
/sbin/modprobe saa7115; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv
remove ivtv /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove ivtv && /sbin/modprobe
-r saa7115 && /sbin/modprobe -r msp3400 && /sbin/modprobe -r tuner

#options ivtv ivtv-debug=0 mpg_buffers=90
#options tuner type=2
#options msp3400 once=1 simple=1 debug=0
#add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
#add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
gandalf ~ #

The TV tuner is working fine. In fact, it's sort fo strange but it
appears that the PVR-150 is actually dual tuner! Both tuner 0 and
tuner 1 seem to work although I did not try recording from tuner 1.

I was unable to get the S-Video or composite video inputs to work yet.

I installed a new, external 300GB 1394 hard drive to act as video
storage. It seemed to be working fine as of this mornig when I left.
I'm sure I'll hear from my 75+ year old Linux using parents if it
fails!

Cheers,
Mark

Hope this helps,