[mythtv-users] HD 3000 DVB has Signal Lock, Myth Can't See It

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:37:13 UTC 2005

On 5/25/05, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Michael Haan [michael.haan at gmail.com] wrote:
> >
> > So I think that means the card is working.  But when I try to add a
> > new card in mythtv-setup I select card type = DVB, and I get:
> > DVB Card number:   0
> > Card Name:             Could not get card info for card #0!
> > Card Type:              Invalid argument
> >

> If I remember correctly, this means that mythtv was compiled
> to use a different version of the DVB api that what your
> kernel and dvb-apps are using.   Did you build from source?
> If not, try that..   If yes, make sure you are using
> the DVB headers that you used to compile your kernel.
>
> Drew

I built from source, but from a Gentoo ebuild.  emerge -s myth shows:
root at tibeaux root # emerge -s myth
Searching...
[ Results for search key : myth ]
[ Applications found : 13 ]

*  media-plugins/mythbrowser [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythdvd [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: 0.18
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythgallery [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythgame [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythmusic [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: 0.18
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythnews [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythphone [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythvideo [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: 0.18
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-plugins/mythweather [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-tv/mythfrontend [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18-r1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 8,595 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  media-tv/mythtv
      Latest version available: 0.17-r1
      Latest version installed: 0.18-r2
      Size of downloaded files: 15,745 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  www-apps/mythweb [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18.1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 2,464 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

*  x11-themes/mythtv-themes [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 0.18
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 15,257 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.mythtv.org/
      License:     GPL-2

I'm guessing mythtv is a meta build, so I'm not sure which version I
have exactly.

for linux-headers, I have:
root at tibeaux root # emerge -s linux-headers
Searching...
[ Results for search key : linux-headers ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  sys-kernel/linux-headers
      Latest version available: 2.6.8.1-r4
      Latest version installed: 2.6.8.1-r4
      Size of downloaded files: 34,870 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.kernel.org/ http://www.gentoo.org/
      License:     GPL-2

And my kernel is vanilla 2.6.12-rc4:
root at tibeaux root # emerge -s vanilla-sources
Searching...
[ Results for search key : vanilla-sources ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  sys-kernel/vanilla-sources
      Latest version available: 2.6.10
      Latest version installed: 2.6.12_rc4
      Size of downloaded files: 35,677 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.kernel.org
      License:     GPL-2

How do I figure out if I've got a mismatch, and how do I fix it?