[mythtv-users] Can Myth postpone auto-shutdown til commercial flagging is done?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed May 25 22:04:51 UTC 2005

My main Myth system is a combo frontend/backend. I don't like leaving
it on all the time.

It's set up to shut down when not in use, and wake up in time for the
next recording using nvram-wakeup. It will auto-shutdown after 5
minutes if the frontend is off and it's not recording anything (and no
recording is about to start). This works fine.

But I'd like to set things up so that commercial flagging is
considered "activity" for purposes of auto-shutdown.

That way, Myth can turn itself on, record something (then flag the
commercials), turn itself off, and when I turn it on the next day to
watch the show, I can load up the commercial cutlist. As it is now,
it's quite likely that newly recorded shows aren't flagged, even
though there were many hours or even days between the recording time
and the viewing of the show.

I suspect that adding this option would require some coding, but I
thought I'd check to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks,
Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!