[mythtv-users] GUI size and different TV playback size [feature request]

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:48:01 UTC 2005

On 5/20/05, Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:00:59 -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> > I'd like to configure a TV playback size that differs from the GUI
> > size. A GUI size of 640x440 offset by 40,24 compensates for the
> > overscan of my television. I want to use a TV playback size of 720x480
> > without an offset to avoid vertical scaling so that the interlacing
> > doesn't get messed up. You can set both to the same with "Use GUI size
> > for TV playback", but from what I see you can't set explicit values
> > for both.
>
> If you untick the 'use gui size for tv playback' then tv will be full
> screen, based on what your current video mode is. Unless you've got rid of
> your G550 already, then presumably you are running in 720x480 resolution
> and you'll get the effect you want. That's how I do it with mine (but for
> PAL).

That worked for me up until MythTV 0.17. Starting with MythTV 0.18 if
I unticked the "Use GUI size for TV playback" it scaled the video
playback to the dimension of the first screen, 1600x1200, (I'm
guessing here based on the size of the video I'm seeing) even thought
the video's playing on the second screen, 720x480. I ticked "Use GUI
size for TV playback" as a work-around.

Cheers,
Shaun